Sunday, September 7, 2014

Good News / Bad News / Good News

Good news: My first set will be released for free next weekend! Finishing touches are being put on it right now.

Bad news: Whoops, it turns out I overlooked some minor details. To keep things short and avoid giving away unnecessary details about my life, I'll just say this: my current employment prevents me from making money from this hobby (or any other one for that matter). Its complicated, but its not worth taking any risks. So that includes selling sets, accepting payments for commissions and possibly even donations (still looking into the donations part).

What does that mean for the blog? Well, I'll probably shy away from full story-based sets. They are a lot of work and without some sort of monetary compensation for the time invested, they probably aren't worth doing. However, I'll now be focusing on single images or mini-sets with LuxRender. This means that the quality of my renders will be a lot higher and I'll be putting more effort into individual images. This will hopefully give me a lot more freedom to experiment with new characters.

So I'll leave you with a taste of things to come. I took one of the scenes from the current image set and rendered it today while I was doing other work:


4 comments:

  1. Your work is excellent! I'm in the learning process, hopefully someday mine may look like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlos! If you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a mail.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Nexis! I really appreciate that!
      Feel free to come to my blog to critique my work! I want to improve it!
      http://damn3dxart.blogspot.com.ar/

      Delete
    3. Ah no way! I saw your two sets a few days ago but couldn't find your blog. Your work is excellent! Great storytelling!

      Send me a banner and I'll be happy to put it up here.

      Delete